Browse By

All posts by Kyra Geithman

#WeAreNorCal Spotlight: Suzi Mills

#WeAreNorCal: Suzi Mills Suzi is a tennis instructor turned business professional, then turned tennis instructor again, who has catalyzed Junior Team Tennis in the Castro Valley community. Q: How did you get involved in coaching tennis? A: After  I received my degree and teaching credential

#WeAreNorCal Spotlight: Dan Klement

#WeAreNorCal: Dan Klement Dan is a lifelong tennis player who is realizing his passion for the sport by giving back as a Junior Team Tennis parent captain for the past eight seasons. Q: What’s your favorite part about captaining Junior Team Tennis? A: Seeing the

Community Spotlight: Collective Impact

Rain didn’t stop Collective Impact from hosting one of their many Play Day events at the Ella Hill Hutch Community Center in the Fillmore neighborhood of San Francisco. The community tennis association, which partnered with USTA NorCal to bring the H.I.T.S. and A.C.E. curriculum

From Leagues Players to H.I.T.S. Coaches

The love of the game motivates us all. For USTA Leagues players Jaya Murthy, Cecile Hernandez, Terry Chuang, and Christina Goh, their love for tennis inspired them to give back to their community by teaching kids in their community the sport. All four friends have

#WeAreNorCal Spotlight: Anghad Buller

A USTA League captain, Bhuller captains teams out of the Central Valley area and has worked to bring League play to the community by starting teams at the InShape Tracy facility. Q. How did you get involved in USTA NorCal? A. I was born and raised in

#WeAreNorCal Spotlight: Greg Roberts

Greg Roberts began captaining in 2011. He has advanced to Districts play 19 times since 2011 with six teams moving on to Nationals. His Men’s 3.5 18 & Over team won the National Championship in 2014 after finishing 4th in 2012. Roberts’ Men’s 18 & Over 4.0, have won

Pro Circuit in the NorCal Community

The USTA Pro Circuit brought seven competitive events to the NorCal area this season, with some of the best pro tennis in the nation. Not only that, but there were also tons of great community events, including pro-ams, charity events, luncheons, clinics, and kids days!

Enter your email address to get the latest news in NorCal.

Join 17 other subscribers