Browse By

Category Archives: Sacramento

Orange & Red Balls for Players of All Ages

Coach John Fruttero and Matt McGee hosted two fun events on the Harker Middle School Courts. One event helped Orange Ball Players from as far as Antelope (Greater Sacramento Area) gain match experience and earn their Junior Development Pathway point. Volunteer parents filled in for

Pro Circuit in the NorCal Community

The USTA Pro Circuit brought seven competitive events to the NorCal area this season, with some of the best pro tennis in the nation. Not only that, but there were also tons of great community events, including pro-ams, charity events, luncheons, clinics, and kids days!

USTA Pro Challenger Comes back to Solano County

In-Shape Fairfield Rancho Solano, Solano County’s premier fitness and tennis facility with programs managed by Cliff Drysdale Tennis, will host the Men’s $50,000 USTA Challenger Professional Tournament this coming week, October 12th-18th. The tournament, which is part of the USTA Pro Circuit and ATP Challenger

3 Most Common Misconceptions About Tennis From New Players

As a USTA community representative my mission is to grow the game. As you can imagine much of my time is spent speaking to new and prospective players. Here are the 3 most common misconceptions about tennis that I hear as reasons not to pick up the

TENNIS is a FAMILY Sport!

GET INSPIRED TO PLAY TENNIS! Watch these former tennis champions talk about their tennis family: Mary Jo Fernandez  Gigi Fernandez  Find yourself (and your family members) in the game: Katrina Adams, USTA President Contact your AREA Tennis Service Representative (TSR) for more information.

5 Best Tips For New USTA Captains

Here are the 5 best tips for new Adult League captains from past USTA Captain of the Year, Kathryn Kerby. 1. Choose the right Co-Captain: “One that has the availability to support you with different aspects in running a team such as organizing team practice,

Enter your email address to get the latest news in NorCal.

Join 16 other subscribers